Don’t miss an opportunity! Link up with us to receive updates as they happen.
L’Istituto di Studi sull’Asia/Institute of Studies on Asia (ISA) is an interdepartmental research centre established in 2018 by the University of Torino. It includes about fifty Asia scholars from seven Departments:
- Dipartimento di Culture, Politica e Società
- Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica “Cognetti de Martiis”
- Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza
- Dipartimento di Lingue e Letterature Straniere e Culture Moderne
- Dipartimento di Management
- Dipartimento di Studi Storici
- Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici
ISA’s members deal with main Asian areas, particularly India, China, Japan, Middle East and South East Asia from different research perspectives: modern and classical languages and literatures, history, archaeology, anthropology, political science, economics, law, management.
The Institute builds on the many teaching and research activities existing since long in the involved Departments and aims to further developing Asian Studies in Torino through interdisciplinary research and a series of new activities, including international research groups, conferences and workshops, publications, participation to international research projects